Author-Centered Editing Services.
Developmental Editing helps you improve your novel’s character development, plot, tension, pacing, structure, and other big picture issues that make or break a book. My developmental editing offers:
- Feedback inserted into document using comment boxes in Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- A Next Steps Editing Plan, including a list of revisions, lessons in writing, and concrete suggestions for how to fix the issues in the text
- An optional 30 minute Zoom planning session where we discuss the editorial suggestions and implement a plan of attack
|Entire Manuscript||.011 per word|
|Chapter by chapter||.011 per word|
A line editor works on a draft that has already been through developmental editing and beta readers. They make sure the tone and style of your writing is correct for the audience and genre. They pay attention to clarity, point of view, tense shifts, and emotional power on a sentence level. I see line editing as a sentence-level extension of developmental editing. My goal? To help you communicate plot, theme, and character development through each single word, phrase, description, and dialogue.
If you’re confused about how line editing differs from copy editing and proofreading, take a look at this excellent article!
|One Pass||.0065 per word|
|Two Passes||.0085 per word|
If you nee more than one type of editing, I offer packages that allow you to access multiple services with a discount!
- Package 1: Developmental and Line Editing: Includes everything from a developmental and two-pass line edit.
- Package 2: Developmental and Line Editing (one pass): Includes everything from a developmental and one-pass line edit.
|Package 1||-$125 of total price|
|Pacakage 2||-$100 of total price|
This service is for the hard core plotters out there. Get feedback on plot, character motivation and goals, and chapter structure before you even begin writing to make sure you’re going in the most powerful direction.
|Up to 5 pages||$29|
|Longer than 25 page?||Email me!|