As academics, we’ve all heard the phrase “publish or perish,” but if you struggle with writing academic prose for an academic audience, getting published can seem like a dream.
I get it.
You’re suffering, perhaps, from imposter syndrome.
I’ve been there, I’ve survived, and I’ve published! But it’s not easy juggling your degree requirements while learning how to write publishable work.
That’s why I offer writing coaching services for graduate students.
Let me coach you through the larger concepts of academic writing itself. With my coaching program, you won’t have to figure out academic writing on your own.
Personalized Coaching in Academic Writing
Your ideas are stellar, but your ability to put those ideas on paper for others to understand them… that could use some improvement.
In my personalized coaching sessions, I zero in on your writing weaknesses (don’t worry, it’s painless!), create a plan of attack, and help you put your writing anxieties to rest.
- In your free 30 minute initial consultation, we’ll discuss your writing fears and goals and draft a plan of attack.
- In each one-hour session, you’ll learn new writing strategies, continue to identify weaknesses, and tackle any new confusions.
- For each session, send me up to 1000 words (for thirty-minute sessions) or 2000 words (for hour-long sessions) of your work in progress a week before we meet. During our session, we’ll discuss necessary developmental edits to that chapter or passage, putting abstract lessons into concrete practice. We won’t just talk, we’ll do.
- 1 thirty-minute session: $25
- 1 one-hour session: $49
- 3 thirty-minute sessions: $70
- 3 one-hour sessions: $125
- 3 one-hour sessions PLUS a second pass of all pages from work in progress discussed during our sessions: $175
I am currently not booking new clients. But you can visit my booking page to find out about when my calendar is opening up!